The USB to UART Interface Module is designed to simplify interfacing serial based devices to USB host computer systems. This USB-powered module can be interfaced to microcontrollers and other serial devices running at logic levels from 2.5V up to 5V (device outputs 3.3V signals). The module simplifies interfacing as it removes the need for the bulky traditional RS-232 level converters.
Small and easy to use.
Its small footprint is designed to fit easily in existing devices, robotics, embedded systems, RC projects, etc and is available with the USB Mini-B connector.
The VCC pin can be used to power microcontrollers and other electronics directly from the USB bus with no additional power sources. The device is built in strict accordance to the USB specification and operates safely on all USB 1.1 and 2.0 compliant host systems including PCs and embedded computers.
Easily control UART devices from a computer using the Python scripting language. See the Downloads section below for an example of how to use Python to access and control this module.
- Input Logic: 2.5V to 5V (TTL Compatible)
- Utilizes Low Profile SMT Components
- Virtual COM port drivers (Windows, Mac, and Linux)
- Software configurable data, stop, and parity bits
- Fully Compliant with USB 1.1/2.0 Specification
- LED USB Connectivity Indicator
- Small Footprint: 0.4″ x 1.04″ (10.16mm x 26.5mm)
Silicon Labs Drivers (Windows) – Some systems may require drivers to be installed.